Dang, I’m seeing that I’m about to hit two months without a post. Sorry ’bout that! Here’s what I’ve been up to while I’ve obviously not been blogging.
[UPDATE: This post mysteriously vanished from my blog, so I am reposting it thanks to my lovely Feedly archive.]
1. The biggest thing going on is that my longtime friend and collaborator, Sharon Bilman, and I have started our own business. Monkey Bar Collective is going to be in the business of making great games and other media for kids.
2. I’ve just finished up one of my most favorite games I’ve had the chance to work on. With Scholastic, I designed I Spy Challenger for Intel’s AIO devices, like the beautiful Lenovo Horizon. They’re like giant tablets that when laid flat provide amazing multiplayer opportunities, something all new for I Spy. If you have such a device, please check it out and let me know what you think!
3. Also in the Scholastic/Intel lineup, I helped out on Clifford Reading Adventures. This is really cool because in addition to touch activities, if you have their Creative camera, you can use gestures to play the game. It’s such a thrill to think about how new platforms like these can work for kids.
4. I made these cupcakes. You can totally tell they’re Daniel Tiger, right?
5. I started playing Frozen Free Fall. I almost hesitate to mention it if you don’t already know it because you and your kids will be hooked. Hooked! (The trick is to play your provided turns and turn it off, not giving into all the possibilities for micro-transactions. Be warned!)
6. When not on Free Fall, I’ve been playing Threes. The simplicity of this game is amazing: just build threes and multiples of threes. Olive digs this one, too.
7. Oh, and the Future levels of Plants vs. Zombies 2 are now unlocked. I’m doomed.
8. I’ve had some boring medical stuff going on that justifies sitting on the couch playing games. (And watching Sherlock, Scandal, and True Detective.)
9. You can always find me on Facebook. I try to post goodies several times a week.
10. Oh, and Twitter, too.
I’ve been to a bunch of cool events lately that I’d really like to tell you about, so blogging resolutions…. start now!